Here are some of the measures we are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We are gathering information on all members of the school community (students, parents, faculty and staff) regarding household registration, travel history etc. At present, household registration information has been gathered while detailed travel history is still being collated. In this regard, the school urges all teachers, students and family members to get in touch if they have visited and returned from Wuhan since January, 10 2020. The school will launch an emergency plan and arrange follow-up steps in such cases. Please contact us on: 0510-68516973.
- In accordance with directives from Wuxi health authorities, the school is cancelling all non-necessary large-scale public gatherings including winter camp 2020 activities. This is to ensure the safety of staff and students.
Preventing the Spread of of Coronavirus
During this period of coronavirus outbreak, NKCS is taking health matters very seriously. To prevent coronavirus infection here is some information you need to be aware of:
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are known to cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). Novel Coronavirus (CoV) is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans. Some coronaviruses can be transmitted from person to person, usually after close contact with an infected patient, for example, in a household, workplace or health-care centre.
It depends on the virus, but common signs include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, an infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
There is no vaccine for this infectious disease at the moment. To prevent pneumonia and respiratory tract infection, you should maintain good personal hygiene at all times; wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Avoid crowded areas during the winter vacation. If this is unavoidable, ensure all members of your family wear a mask and wash their hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Avoid touching animals, poultry/birds or their droppings.
- Avoid visiting wet markets, live poultry markets or farms.
- Avoid close contact with patients who have flu or cold-like symptoms.
- Do not consume game meat and do not visit food premises where game meat is served.
- Adhere to food safety and hygiene rules such as avoiding eating raw or undercooked animal products, including milk, eggs and meat, or food which may be contaminated with animal secretions, excretions (such as urine) or contaminated products, unless they have been properly cooked, washed or peeled.
- Clean hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing and sneezing.
- Go to the hospital immediately if you or a family member show symptoms of an infectious disease. Please wear a surgical mask and observe strict personal hygiene.
Health team, Nanwai King’s College School Wuxi